How Do You Apply For Funding?
The Colonial Foundation's funding position remains the same as advised on the Home Page of our website in that we are not accepting any unsolicited approaches from organisations seeking funding at this time. We intend to communicate on matters relating to any changes on our current granting capacity via our website. We suggest that you revisit our website periodically for further information regarding any possibility of change to our current funding capacity.
Initial enquiries are to be made by email or phone call to the Foundation's Executive Officer. Applications should only be submitted after this discussion.
There are no standard application forms. Applications must be made in writing, and should not exceed four typed pages. At this stage, on-line applications cannot be considered. The information listed below must be given (or stated to be not applicable and why) if the application is to be considered by the Foundation.
Applicants may be requested to submit further information.
- Background to the project – the philosophy behind it and why it is needed.
- The objectives of the project.
- An outline of how the work will be undertaken.
- Detail of how the success of the project will be measured and any relevant milestones.
- How the results of the work will be reported and if appropriate published.
- A budget for the project. This should be broken down into:
- Income from other persons or organisations
- Funds provided by the applicant
- Government support
- How funding will be maintained/obtained beyond the life of the grant sought from Colonial Foundation.
- Total costs broken down by salaries, rent, equipment etc.
· Information about all other agencies, governments or persons that the applicant has approached for funds for the project including the amount of funds requested from each. Where other bodies have committed funding, details should be included.
· A list of the persons involved in the project including their qualifications and experience to carry out the work.
· Details of the background of the applicant including a summary of its history and track record in similar projects. Colonial Foundation will wish to understand the ability of the organisation to successfully carry out the proposed project.
Should the application be selected for further consideration, the following information may then be required along with further details of the project:-
· A copy of its Constitution including Objectives/Statement of Purposes.
· A copy of the its latest Annual Report including its audited annual accounts.
· A list of the Members of the Board and/or Management Committee (if not included in the annual report).
· A copy of the Certification from the Australian Taxation Office that the body is a Gift Deductible Recipient or that it is a tax-exempt body.
· A suggested format for reporting on the progress and conclusion of the project including possible performance measures. Details of KPIs will be required. Applicants will be required to acknowledge that the reports can be used publicly.
The Foundation has finite funds and will not be able to support all applications, no matter how worthy. Rejection of an application does not mean that it is not well regarded. Some applications may be reconsidered at a future time (at the discretion and invitation of the Directors).
Interviews will not normally be held with applicants but on occasion the Board may ask for presentations by applicants.
The decision of the Board as to whether or not funds will be granted is not subject to review and reasons for the decision may or may not be given.
Successful applicants will be required to agree to a reporting program prior to funding being given. This will ensure that throughout the period of financial support, the Foundation can be satisfied the funds are being directed to achieve the stated objectives and to enable assessment of the level of success being achieved. Reports may also be required to be publicly available where it is felt that others in the community could benefit from the experience gained.
Address for Enquiries and Applications
All enquiries and invited applications should be addressed to:
Ms Jan Robins
Colonial Foundation Limited
432 St Kilda Road
MELBOURNE VIC 3004
Telephone: (03) 9678 9300
Facsimile: (03) 9804 5669